The Cutest Cowboy this side of the Great Wall

The Cutest Cowboy this side of the Great Wall
Giddy Up Horsey!!!!

God Our Father

Before every family meal we pray together. Jon Campbell up until recently has choosen the pray and lead it most meals. He has a little competition now which is very sweet to see. Jin has memorized his first blessing and can say it very clearly all by himself. " God our Father, God our Father, once again, once again, we bow our heads to thank you, bow our heads to thank you Amen, Amen."

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reading at a young age- what an impact!

From a young age I, Adele, was encouraged to read, read and read some more. As a preteen biographies caught my attention. A very wise woman encouraged me daily to read, learn and then share that with others. This mentor, encourager, teacher, surrogate Grandmother still loves to soak up knowledge. She desires others to learn and passionately educate themselves. So I tried and I believe today our family is living out what I learned and admired so long ago. I ate up these biographies of great individuals like Andrew Murray, Fanny Crosby, Corrie ten Boom and the list goes on. There were 2 women which made the greatest impact on me as a teen. The life stories of Isobel Kuhn and Amy Carmichael were unbelievable. Each biography was full of adventure, scary situations and riveting decisions. Yet what hit me the most was their committment to saving and loving children as well as sharing the Gospel. I tucked away these examples and committed that someday if I did, Lord willing :), get married we would adopt a child and shower them with love and security.

No comments:

Post a Comment